A MODERN APPROACH TO
To merge the digital and physical world, Hyperledger Sawtooth records the journey of seafood from ocean to table. Like the fish in this case study, IoT sensors can be attached to any object entrusted to someone else for transport, with trackable ownership, possession, and telemetry parameters such as location, temperature, humidity, motion, shock and tilt. The final buyer can access a complete record of information and trust that the information is accurate and complete.
DEFINING THE PROBLEM
Issues with the Traditional
Seafood Industry Supply Chain
- Error–prone, laborious manual record keeping
- Improper food storage conditions
- Illegal, unreported, & unregulated fishing practices
- Seafood fraud (mislabeling)
Impacts on the Economy, Consumer, &
World’s Natural Resources
- Compromised food security and product quality
- Threatens the seafood industry’s economic security
- Does not promote sustainability of resources
- Lack of vendor and consumer trust
BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY DRIVEN SOLUTION
Advantages of Blockchain–Operated
Seafood Supply Chain
SEAFOOD IS JUST ONE OF MANY USE CASES
Revolutionizing the Seafood supply chain is just one example of the many ways Hyperledger Sawtooth can have real world benefits.
The Hyperledger Sawtooth platform enables users to design custom solutions for their supply chain. Blockchain offers a unique ability for firms to share selected information with their customers. A primary benefit is sharing the provenance or traceability. This includes key factors such as: location tracking, motion, shock, tilt, temperature, humidity and ownership transfers.